Previous to Holi
Keep away from facials, waxing or threading or laser remedies within the week previous Holi. Don’t bear any pores and skin peeling therapy.
Everyone knows that colors, dry in addition to moist, can hurt the pores and skin and might trigger pores and skin allergic reactions, rashes, redness as a result of poisonous content material in them. They will additionally flare up current allergic reactions.
Even dandruff and zits can worsen and trigger power itching for days after Holi. When you’ve got an current pores and skin situation like a rash or zits, as an illustration, it’s higher to go to a dermatologist upfront to regulate the signs.
Hair uncovered to color can develop into boring, dry and brittle as a result of presence of artificial dyes within the colors.
Apply a great quantity of oil/conditioner in your hair. Make a small bun of your hair as soon as you might be carried out with oiling.
You’ll be able to cowl your hair with a dupatta/bandana which is not going to simply provide safety however add a mode quotient too.
To guard your physique pores and skin from color, put on garments that cowl most physique components. Apply oil liberally throughout your physique previous to publicity to the colors as it should kind a protecting barrier between the pores and skin and the color. You should use almond or coconut oil as they’re thick in texture. Thus the injury will likely be lessened.
Use sunscreen generously on all uncovered areas of your physique to additional defend your pores and skin from the injury brought on by the colors.
Folks with delicate pores and skin and acne-prone pores and skin ought to ideally not be taking part in with color. For those who do need to revel within the festivities, then I’d advise choosing pure non-toxic color.
Apply an oil-free moisturising cream on the face earlier than taking part in with the color.
Folks with regular or mixture pores and skin can apply a water-resistant sunscreen on their face together with a drop of child oil blended in it. This can act as a barrier and defend the pores and skin.
Take away the holi colors from pores and skin and hair as quickly as attainable. It’s advisable to take away them off while they’re nonetheless moist.
Dry colors are powerful to come back off. If these colors don’t come off within the first wash, rub heat olive oil and lemon juice generously over pores and skin, depart for an hour and bathe once more.
Don’t use kerosene, petrol or spirit to take away stains as this may additional dry the pores and skin.
Don’t rub harshly to take off the stain left behind by the color. You’ll injury your pores and skin additional. The stains will finally get lighter with each wash.
For individuals with delicate pores and skin, it’s best to make use of a cleaning milk to softly take off the color somewhat than utilizing cleaning soap because the latter will additional dry the pores and skin.
For the physique, you should use a delicate physique wash with a loofah. After the bathtub apply moisturiser as that can assist soothe the pores and skin and additional lighten the color too.
· The way you care for pores and skin and hair earlier than they arrive in touch with the color, likewise care for your fingers and ft too. A coat of paint utilized in your nails earlier than Holi, each on fingers and toes, will assist stop the color from staining your nails. Pay further consideration to the cuticles as that’s the place the stains keep for the longest interval.
· After you could have washed the color off, apply hand and ft lotion. You’ll be able to deal with your self to a manicure and pedicure the next day to exfoliate the pores and skin and moisturise it as properly.
· Rinse the hair with loads of water to take away the surplus color. Observe it up with delicate shampoo to take away the color. Keep away from utilizing highly regarded water.
· To make sure that the hair will not be left dry and broken, apply a soothing hair masks on towel-dried hair for 10 minutes. Rinse it off with chilly water and rub in hair serum on the hair shafts.
· In case of any minor rash apply Lacto calamine lotion to assuage the pores and skin. Keep away from daylight in case the pores and skin is significantly affected as it should improve the irritation. You’ll be able to take an anti-allergic pill to calm the pores and skin irritation. If it doesn’t settle inside 24 hours, it’s best to go to a dermatologist.
Every week after Holi
As soon as the color has light just a little, it is best to get a facial carried out to hydrate and moisturise the pores and skin. It would assist undo the injury carried out and allow you to get again the non-Holi look.
Use pure hair masks as soon as every week earlier than washing your hair. Aloe vera gel, curd or olive oil with an egg can be utilized for a similar. A hair spa can even allow you to tame dry tough and frizzy hair.
With inputs from superstar magnificence knowledgeable Dr Jamuna Pai.